Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Chili Cheese Pizza


Sorry folks that it has been so long since my last post. I have been super swamped at work. But any who onto the awesome recipe that would be great for football parties, get togethers or any time!

I have been asked who knows how many times for this recipe every time I talk about it or post it on Facebook. I actually got this recipe off a little paper handout from Walmart and have been addicted to it ever since. My fiance, Allen, practically begs me to make this at least once every two weeks. It is definitely one of his favorites. 


Things You Will Need

12 bun length hot dogs (cut into thin slices)

1 refrigerated pizza dough

1 medium bag of Doritos

1-2 bags of you favorite cheese

1 can of hot dog chili sauce


Preheat oven to 425 degrees. While oven is heating, line shallow cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spread out pizza dough to cover sheet, pinching any holes that happen. 



Crush Doritos and spread over the dough, slightly pressing into dough. I bake it for 5 minutes to get the crust starting to set up since it can tend to be soggy if you don't. 


I realized the I forgot to take a picture of the hot dog chili sauce so........


The sauce is just the right consistence and thickness for this pizza and/or chili dogs. But anywho back to the recipe. Spread the chili sauce over the doritos and crust. Make sure you get it all the way to the edges so that you get the sauce in every bite. 


Line the hot dog slices in rows across the dough until completely covered. You don't have to do this, you can just throw them on there but I like to do it this way so I get hot dog in every bite. 


Now for the cheese. You don't have to use Cheddar cheese, you can use your favorite kind or blend of different kinds of cheese. I had cheddar cheese but I also used a mexican blend because I like it to be extra cheesy. It actually tasted pretty good. Colby Jack is really good too. Spread you cheese over the top and yet again make sure you get it all the way to the edges. 


Bake for an additional 13-15 minutes or until edges of dough are a golden brown and cheesy is melted. 


And there ya go! You can add additional toppings such as onions, tomatoes, or you favorite chili dog topping. We like to leave it as is. Slice it up and it is ready to enjoy!

 Hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know what you think or any different ways to top this.

Well I am going to finish my episode of Bones. Catch ya later!










2 comments:

  1. As the fiance mentioned I hearby fully endorse and support this type of cookery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support honey! See I told ya folks, the fiancee approves!

      Delete