Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pizza Pasta Casserole



Hello there again folks! One more day until Halloween! I am so excited about my costume for tomorrow! We are having a costume competition at work! I won't be revealing what it is until tomorrow so you will have to keep tuned. 

But anyways onto an easy dinner recipe. This can be thrown together and cooked right then or put in the freezer and cooked later. Kids and adults will both love this! Now onto the recipe!

What You Will Need:

1 pound of ground beef

1 small onion

1/2 clove of garlic

1 jar of spaghetti sauce

1 box of rotini pasta (cooked and drained)

4 cups of mozzarella cheese

3 bags of mini pepperoni


First, you want to brown the meat with the onion and garlic in a large skillet. (I also added some garlic powder and onion powder) Once cooked, drain and leave in the skillet.


Stir in spaghetti sauce and let it simmer for awhile so that the meat and soak up some of the flavor from the sauce. You can add a packet of zesty spaghetti sauce mix (I like McCormick)


Then mix in pasta,  2 cups of mozzarella and 2 bags of pepperonis to meat mixture until well combined. Pour  into greased 9x13 pan and smooth out. 


Sprinkle remaining pepperonis and cheese over the top of casserole.


Now you can either cook or freeze to cook later. 

If you want to cook now, bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until warmed through

To cook later, cover and freeze up to 3 months. When you are ready to cook it, thaw in refrigerator overnight and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until hot.


Nice and ooey gooey! Yes those are technical terms. Of course I am a fan of Parmesan cheese (aka stinky feet cheese) so I put some on top. Was very good and even better reheated. 

I hope you enjoy this recipe. Try it out and let me know what you think. Also let me know if you add your own twist on it. 

Well, I'm going to finish up my episode of Bones. Catch ya later!






3 comments:

  1. Do you cook pasta 1st? Looks easy and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making this right now! Only in an awful person and don't have enough mozzarella, so in using some ricotta, and some cheddar-jack blend on top of what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm* not in. For both cases! Darn auto correct!

    ReplyDelete