Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Chicken Pesto Pizza


Wow! December sure was a crazy month! Sorry that I didn't get anything posted. But man, have I got a good for you today. 

Pesto is probably the greatest invention food wise in human history. It is good on everything. To quote my cousin, "I could eat it on a flip flop!" I came across this idea on Pinterest and just had to try it. So let's quit wasting time and get right to it.

What You Will Need:
1 (12 in) prebaked pizza shell
1/3 cup prepared pesto
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1 can of quartered artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.

Chop up your artichoke hearts.

Place pizza shell on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil.

Spread pesto evenly over the shell. Sprinkle chicken over the top getting to the edges. Sprinkle artichoke hearts on top of the chicken. Sprinkle the cheese over top of everything.

Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through and crust is crispy.

And that's it! So easy and so delicious!

Side Notes:
I found my pesto on the Italian food aisle (my store had a little refrigerated section on the aisle). I got the Buttoli brand. 

I cooked my chicken this time in the skillet. I just seasoned it with onion powder, garlic powder, poultry seasoning and ground pepper.

I hope you will let me know what you think of this and if you make any changes.

Well I'm going to get back to watching The Walking Dead. Catch ya later!

1 comment:

  1. I really could eat it on a flip-flop!! Can't wait to try this!!

    ReplyDelete