Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pizza Rolls



I have got to tell ya, this is one of the easiest recipes that I will probably post on here. I tell people all the time that kids could make these easily (with adult supervision of course). They are so delicious, flaky, gooey, and most of all tasty. And just like regular pizza, you can eat them cold the next day and they are just as good. 

Now I am going to share the recipe that will make 16 rolls but if you have a bigger family or you are making this for a party, it is very easy to double or even triple. I have made them for just me and Allen or even a party at work where I needed 40+. 

I have done this recipe with regular size pepperonis but I have come to realize that I like to use sandwich size pepperonis instead. This way I don't have to use as many pepperonis and it rolls all the way around the cheese. And you don't even have to use regular pepperoni, you could use turkey pepperoni, salami, ham, turkey, what ever you can think of. I haven't tried any of these.....yet, but I think it would work well.

All right, let's get to it!

What You Will Need:
2 rolls of refrigerated crescent roll dough
8 sticks of mozzarella string cheese, halved
1 package of sandwich size pepperonis (about 32 slices)
4 Tbsp butter (half a stick), melted
1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cover baking sheet with foil and grease with cooking spray.

Take a triangle of crescent roll, lay flat on cutting board or smooth surface. Place two slices of pepperoni a the wide part of triangle, overlapping each other.


Place the cheese stick half on top of the pepperonis.


Starting from the top, roll the crescent, making sure that you keep the pepperonis and cheese in place.


Place onto baking sheet. I can usually fit about 8-10 on my big baking sheets. Bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. 

While the rolls are baking, mix together the last 4 ingredients. Once the rolls are done, take out of oven and immediately brush butter mixture onto rolls. I love using my pastry brush to do this. Make sure you get the entire roll, even the tops of the bottom corners. This mixture really makes the rolls taste like pizzeria pizza. Of course if you want to go healthier, you can do without the mixture, they are still really good without it. 


And you're done!

See didn't I tell you that was easy! These are great to make for football parties, work parties, home movie night, or just for dinner.

Well, I hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know what you think. 

Well, I am going to read another chapter in Inferno. Catch ya later!






No comments:

Post a Comment